Friday, July 11, 2008

The Afton Adventures


So, she's a 20 month old with a death wish. I really had no idea how calm the big girls were as babies. Afton, I'm told, has been preparing me for the pure energy of a boy. And if there is any form of water around, look out. She's in it. I've pulled her OUT of the toilet at least 3 times, countless puddles in the backyard, and she's even gone into the middle of the lawn sprinklers fully dressed. The other day we were at a friend's house, and they have a small pond with a little waterfall in their backyard. Luckily Tim was on his toes watching things unfold, because he ran out just in time to pull her struggling-for-air-little-19lb-body out of the mossy pond.


We probably average about 2-3 outfits a day with her. Yesterday Tim heard her crying in another room and thought she was in playing with the girls. When he went to check on the situation, he found her stuck sitting in the bathroom sink with the hot water running on her. Is it a phase? Are we getting a jump start on the terrible twos? It's a good thing she's so cute, or she'd be too much to have around. We sure do love her though!

2 comments:

jordan and maci said...

this picture is incredible... i am hoping that is chocolate and not dirt:)

Darla said...

What a handful (sounds like my kids!). I didn't know Mia's middle name was June! I didn't steal it, I promise!!! (: